Thursday, August 7, 2008

A trip of four states (and a triathlon!)

Ok so here's the story about my first trip to Boston, Rhode Island, New Hampshire and Connecticut. The order of these pictures is basically backwards, so I apologize up front.






We never got to see this show...it's supposedly a very cool IMAX film done underwater. The line was like 3 hours just to buy tickets. And you know me and lines....but maybe next time!


Sandy Shores Beach, Rhode Island. So picturesque! I went here to relax after completing my second triathlon and longest ever! The triathlon was 1/3 mile swim, 18 mile bike and 3.5 mile run.

The triathlon took place on the Naval Base at Newport, RI. These warships were unbelievably large.



The view of the newport bridge in the distance. See those boueys? Is swam out to them and around for my first ever swim in ocean water. Very salty, but it was in Still Water Basin, so the waves weren't too bad.


Though called Sandy Point Beach, it's a very rocky New England beach in RI.



Lazy Summer afternoon...I love those...pops, we gotta get a boat...soon!


Megan, me and her friend Heidi spent a day at Hampton Beach in New Hampshire. It was alot like the beaches of the Outer Banks of NC only more crowded.


cool reflection in Heidi's sunglasses.


Us three E.R. nurses chillin out!


Megan in Little Italy, Boston, being a goofball (in case you needed the explanation)



Some photos of Boston's Harbor.



Seafood was everywhere...so of course I had to have some lobster...mmmmm! What's a trip to Boston without lobster?


Meggie




Yep, Boston
Me & Megan at the Harbor in Boston.



Cool buildings of all shapes and designs grace Boston's streets (which I might add are MUCH cleaner than NY's)



Scary red models in some way-too-expensive store.




Pastries in Quincy Market



Boston Harbor above and below






Below are some pictures of a very talented threesome--two brothers and a sister--from England who did some acrobatics in the streets:










Kids, this is what your hair can look like if you never wash or bush it again! BEWARE!!


More of Quincy Markets below:


Best smoothie I ever drank...really...pinapple, strawberry, mango, and more....most expensive too...$7!







I missed the farmer's market in Syracuse, but there was a great produce market on the streets. Wish I could have brought some of those great deals home with me!











Boston Skyline from the Subway...which goes above and below the city:

Me and Meg on the subway.

More Quincy Markets.








Me kissing my man! He really is happy to see me, he just doesn't like to show it! lol

The three of us after eating a scrumptuous meal in Little Italy. mmmmmm....











1 comment:

Unknown said...

Whats your face book