Thursday, March 22, 2007

Algunas cosas diferentes (some different things)

A little update on my living conditions. As of last wednesday, I am no longer staying with the family that I had been with. The short story is that I had some things stolen from my room and so I had to change living quarters. Seeing I only had 10 days left, with my limited options, I opted for a cheap hotel room. So, when we say cheap, you either get a VERY small room in a nice hotel or a spacious apartment in a not so nice hotel with the possibility of roaches and other creepie crawlies, and questionable security.


So which would Gracia choose? I took the tiny room of course. But when I saw this room, I broke out laughing. I would include a picture of it, but truly there is no way to show size and proportions with the picture. The bed is just barely bigger than me. But I have my own bathroom and shower. It is clean. NO BUGS. Of this I´m sure, because there just isn´t enough room for me and them in the same room! 7 days later I am still laughing because this room is so so cute.


Besides being bug free, another great plus of this hotel is that it has a pool (which no one uses) and a rooftop balcony overlooking the city. That´s how I took the sunrise picture of the Hospital the other day. I feel like I have my own private pad up there because I literally have never seen anyone else up there.


As I ambled down the brick road this afternoon, here were these cockroaches in various states of dying. I wish my picture were up closer, but they were still kicking, so I was skeeved to even be that close to them. There were probably ten of these guys belly up, each about the size of a man´s thumb!!!!


It was raining cats and dogs today (or maybe I should say rats and cockroaches). It really did pour today. I think we got the monthly average rainfall all in one day. But anyways, I almost tripped over this guy (in my open-toed sandals). Yes, rigamortus has definitely set in!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Gracia - I know I keep on repeating myself, but "what an adventure". It is like something out of the movies. I am so sorry you had things stolen from you. I pray that you encounter no more mishaps. I pray a hedge of protection on you. I love the fact that you have your own "private pool pad" That is awesome; you have some alone time to bask in the sun, take a dip and relax! You'll have to come over when you come back - I'll cook you a nice meal and we'll talk about everything - also, this summer you better come over and go swimming with me and lay out!!! Again, your photography and literature demand you write a book, girl!!! Talk to you soon. Lots of love, Joyanna!!!!