Sunday, March 25, 2007

Visit to La Romana

La Romana is a region in the South East of the Dominican Republic. It is very wealthy and clean. Within La Romana is Casa De Campo...where Shaquile O Neil, Michael Jordan and other celebrities have multi-millin dollar homes. There are several other beaches there, some of which we visited.


This is Dominicus, where spent most of our time. To be honest, I didn't really take many pictures here. Instead I tried to soak up the sunshine and really enjoy the last of the time I had with Daniela. This was going to be it for us. And I knew that.


Shops along Dominicus.


A tipo (dude) climbing a palm tree at Dominicus beach. We had alot of fun in the waves. At one point Daniela got so scared of the slimy seaweed she felt at her feet, she climbed on top of me and almost drowned me, but we survived (obviously, right?)


Bayahibe was our first stop in La Romana. It's a small fishing village with a rocky coast. Here, you can launch out with a guide, to the island of Catalina. Be prepared to spend a small fortune though. They were going to charge us $100 to bring us there in a tiny boat. We just couldn't justify spending that amount of money for a beach, so we continued on in a gua-gua (bus) to Dominicus.


Some small shops in Bayahibe, along the main road.


More boats in Bayahibe.


My teacher, Daniela came with me to La Romana. We had such a wonderful time together. I'm going to miss her more than words can say. It's amazing how in one month, we've shared so much across culture and race. I feel like, by knowing her, my life has been enriched greatly.


A couple extra photos: wow! Even this spider is beautiful.


a lizard up close

No comments: