Friday, March 16, 2007

Botanical Gardens

Hi everyone! I heard that you all are getting a big storm. Just get it out of your system by next weekend, k?! I won´t tell you that the sun is shining brightly right now and that the temps are in the 80´s with puffy white clouds sprinkling the sky. That would be too mean. Hey, Mom and Dad, this was the week you would have been here. Bummer! You can still come if u want, I have this great room we could all share!


I went to the Botanical Gardens on Wednesday. Here are a few photos from there. There was one shot I almost captured, but the train we took around the area was going to leave me...it was a bright red cone-like flower with a hummingbird buzzing about. Shoot! It would have probably been able to win a contest it was so neat.

This is the National Tree of Panama. I´d never seen anything like it. It´s branches extended out about 20+ feet in every direction too. Very cool roots, huh?


These flowers don´t even look real up close, do they? But trust me, they are.


Chinese Bamboo


These water lillies and pads reminded me of camp. Take heart, summer is just around the corner. (well at least my corner, lol)


Some flowering trees like what we´ll be seeing this spring in Syracuse


View from a distance of the bridge and reflection in the Japanese section of the garden.


a lilly


Me and Tara (I´m the one on the right) Tara is one of the Christian American friends I´ve made here. She´s a real sweetie. We´ve been to Boca Chica and Salinas together.


another Japanese orchid, but check out the tiny ants crawling around on this one


young flowers growing outside the greenhouse


Tara with mi professora, Daniela


More beauties

Hope u all enjoyed my sneak preveiw of summer.Stay warm!

1 comment:

bobg187 said...

hi grace :)

your pictures will win a contest for sure... absolutely beautiful.. thanks for sharing, see you soon.

bob :)