Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I'm Baaaack!

I landed in Syracuse Monday around 10am, bleary-eyed and exhausted after a difficult ending to an amazing trip. So many thoughts were, and still are, swimming around in my head.


I include this picture of this beautiful baby here for two reasons. First, she is just adorable and second, she is the daughter my dear friend and teacher, Daniela, who taught me every day.


Baby Mia was a little piggy when it came to fruit. She loved this watermelon and a banana I tried to feed her.



One last photo of me and my bad-hairself. I can't believe this is already over.

In an almost dream-like ending, I careened down to the Santo Domingo airport in a taxi, windows down, the breeze blowing my hair, with Anthony Santos blaring, strumming his meringue beach music. Meanwhile my taxi driver belted out the words for me. I stared out the window at this beautiful paradise I was leaving as the palm trees whizzed by. I can't believe it's already over. So quick. Just like that. Thank you God for this trip. May I never forget the things I saw or the lessons I learned here.
alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5046788431762786850" />

No comments: