Monday, March 12, 2007

La Toma

La Toma is a unique place. I didn´t know what to expect when I arrived. Basicly it is a naturalish pool fed by cascading water from the mountains. There are several of these "pools" of various sizes. Kids swim in them and there are slides and all sorts of water sports played in them.

This lil guy sold me an empanada...chicken inside a piece of fried dough with ketchup....mmmmm..mmmm....good!


Here is a small view of a pool. There are actually fish swimming in here with the kids. It´s not like anything I´d seen before. Of course, there are no lifeguards.


Just looking at this lady´s face made me smile, y tu? In her basket she has the fruit I talked about before, called mamon. White juicy, mushy insides.


Imagine my surprise to pull up in a taxi and find about 50+ men in various states of dress-undress, bathing in the water. They didn´t mind my presence, I guess, because nobody stopped what they were doing. These guys were washing not only themselves but their motos downriver from the natural pools. Thankfully, none had on less than underoos.


Me and Claudia. Sorry the light was too low to take any other pictures, or else I would have photographed more of the children playing and the pool surroundings. Unfortunately it was almost dark, so...this is it.

Hope u all are doing well. Take care.

No comments: